Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Magical Q-Tip



I doubt there are very few beyond infancy unfamiliar with Q-tips
Their use to solve problems is often the best of ways
From touching up nail polish, to baby care
The Q-tip is virtually universally used in current days
Which brings me to the time when I used a Q-tip
To save my hearing aid, whose replacement would have been expensive
After mistakenly inserting one of them in a glass of water
Instead of the container where I intended to put them
To complicate matters, I had opened the plastic cover which covers the battery
Increasing battery life, but exposing the hearing aid’s electronics to the water
I wiped the water off as best I could with a paper napkin
But could not reach the electronics as the channel was too small
I figured the one which had been in the water was ruined
And cursed myself for being so careless
When I finally realized that a Q-tip was small enough to insert
And its cotton tip could absorb the water
The use of the Q-tip enabled me to quickly dry out the water
And the hearing aid continued to function
So God bless the Q-tip for helping me in a troubling situation
And thus there is another way to add to its many uses

No comments:

Post a Comment